Friday, May 02, 2008

離譜

學期功課死線在即,這幾天不斷收到學生的電話、電郵和真人上門提問。這些年來,每到這個旺季,都會收到千奇百怪卻也重重覆覆的問題,大多數時候,我都能保持幽默感,但有時實在按捺不住,會給點說話這幫心急人聽。

「謝謝你的提問。依我看,這個題目很有潛力,足夠寫一篇碩士論文。不過我們得先解決一個更要緊的問題 - 後天就要交了,你現在才來問這題目可行不可行,會不會遲了一點?」

「很有趣,真的很有趣。你想探討的五個題目都有趣極了。這是你的功課,最重要是你怎麼看,不是我怎麼看。改文不同於購物,你不用為我度身訂造題目,該怎麼辦就怎麼辦好了。」

「關於具體要求,我在上課的最後三周,每周都說了一遍,最長那次廿分鐘,最短那次十分鐘。你都沒有來上課嗎?」

「親愛的:你問如何apply theory到題目上......你真要apply theory的話,是不是至少該有一個theory在手,才想到apply呢?唔......你就是想問我有甚麼theories可以apply?不如你下年再take這科多一次,這樣我們會有多點時間再討論一下這課題。」

「用中文或英文寫都沒有問題。中英文夾雜可以嗎?你是想怎樣夾雜呢?how do你想mix them 一起?and why do you want 這樣子呢?」

「有沒有去年拿A的範文參考?你以為這是高考和會考中文科作文嗎?範文!老天,我們還口口聲聲說這課是要培養critical thinking呢!」

以上答案是多年結集,尚有太多不能盡錄。新近最新鮮滾燙的離譜問題,如下:

「Hi there!我完成了初稿哪!可以先給你看看,讓你先給我意見,我改好再交?」

「Hi there!我一開始看就要評分了,你自己決定好交初稿還是最後審訂稿再交?」

親愛的,無論如何,審訂那人不可能是我吧?!

後記:更新鮮滾燙真事一樁。
學生某敲門,涎著臉,十分討好的樣子。他手上拿著蘇真真的潮語學習卡,誠懇地說:可以延長死線嗎?
我收下了卡,道謝,說:「你以為我會接受賄賂嗎?施主,請回吧。」

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

「你是想怎樣夾雜呢?how do你想mix them 一起?」

This is hilarious XD

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

「how do你想mix them 一起?and why do you want 這樣子呢?」

laugh 死0左!!!

唔 love 死 you 都唔得!! 我 love 你!!

-小友a

6:04 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

笑死,下次有學生來找我,等我都試下你0的招數先 :>

11:37 AM  
Blogger 梁啟智 said...

http://rateyourstudents.blogspot.com/

這個網站你一定會喜歡。

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. however, i did ask most of these questions to my one of my teachers cos I did get difficulty in the course and I failed to get the main ideas. Since I want more elaboration and explanation but didnt wanna disturb the teacher's speech during lessons, I often asked her after scl. However, her personality is strong and her ans were like urs. It did hurt me and made me confused. Although theres many outstanding articles written by professors and scholars but honestly these POV and aims on writing such articles/ publications may not be the same as the style/ POV in writing uni paper. Therefore, to me, it is important to take reference to good papers.

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My teacher said it was unfair to others student to repeat her sentence and it was not public exam so no past paper can be read. Her manner was a bit "inch", as always. However, from my view, it is just normal and usual for student to ask after lessons since there's a lot to discuss with regarding to the topic but the lecture was short. So the after-scl time is, for the hardworking students, or for whom enthuistics towards the course or, for those who fail to catch up the lesson, but still wanna cop the problem. Most students just gave up their rights to learn more, it's not my fault. I was frustrated towards the course and I got a B in my first paper. After that, I borrowed an A grade paper fr my class and I actually analyzed the paper, from the way to being the thesis to how to start the argument to the conclusion. Then I got it. I know how to write good paper in my level.

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, I kept asking questions after lessons/ during breaks. Sometimes I was "inched" due to my way to raise the question my anger the teacher at certain point w/o reason. But i did get some ideas due to my continue-asking. I did not dare to take easy in that course but finally i got an A in paper. (yo!) And an A in exam and in final grade in that course.

Not only from the experience, but i did learn a lot in studying other A grade same level paper. It enabled me to obtain some of the ideas (but not copy), and most esp, the way to analyze the thesis.

I've graduated and I still keep in touch with the teacher. well...

here i just wanna let u know my view to raise certain question, as a student.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home