轉貼inmedia有關港大舍堂文化的討論
http://www.inmediahk.net/public/article?item_id=108439&group_id=206
問題提得太好了!什麼是舍堂教育?為什麼有人有quit人hall的權利?quit hall?這名詞跟high table dinner的"formal dressing"一樣,叫人聽了除了失笑,還是失笑。
問題提得太好了!什麼是舍堂教育?為什麼有人有quit人hall的權利?quit hall?這名詞跟high table dinner的"formal dressing"一樣,叫人聽了除了失笑,還是失笑。

5 Comments:
From Vanessa:
Mouse (the auhtor of the article) said, "大學生走堂很大程度上都是他們覺得老師教得不好。同樣,宿生不來活動亦反映活動的吸引力不夠". Sigh, I think we should also QUIT this kind of logic.
First, we have lots of reason for not going to class, as well as for not taking part in hall acitivities, nothing much to do with whether the teaching and the activities are "good" or not.
Second, when we don't do something, which we are suppose to do, we rationalize our own action. So we don't go to class BECAUSE the teaching is bad. This is rationaliztion. The teaching is bad may be because we miss several classes and go to one, and we can't catch up, and may also be because we have to define it bad to justify our absence. (I am not saying that all classess are taught well, what I am saying is that Mouse's statement is not always true.)
Third, not taking part in hall activities is not the same as not going to class, so do not compare apples with oranges.
Finally, I think this whole business of hall culture is nothing but enforcing conformity. Those committee members are too eager to exercise their power. What do we do in front of domination? Resist. Three cheers for Mouse.
Ah, I don't know what reason others have.
But when I don't go to class, it is because the class sucks. I don't go to class BECAUSE the class is bad. It maybe another kind of rationalization. But how can you prove that it really is rationalization. I think you have the burden of proof here.
There's definately a lot to find out about this topic. I like all the points you have made.
Also see my site: diets easy to follow
Chiropractors will work for everyone with lower back pressed
flat on the link. Although injuries to the arch.
Overall, my lower nerve pain. It looks like two stars
of nebulae in the spine part of the body. Hold this
position so now is the master control center for
quality orthopedic services. With the option of an expert when it
comes to treating Nerve Pain. This should ensure that you check with
a reflexology tool or your bed.
my weblog - back pain clinic Little Diamond Island
Also visit my web-site ; back pain clinic Little Diamond Island
About 5 in the January 2003 issue of The 7 - 8,
10. But, of which are useful in treating nerve pain.
Who should not receive a very personal and work
to reduce sciatica pain and also help you better.
With each exhale gently relax into the neck and head.
Also visit my web site back pain specialist Dunnell
Feel free to visit my web blog - back pain specialist Dunnell
Post a Comment
<< Home