Monday, October 03, 2005

backdrop美學

最初拿起《長恨歌》,真有點看不下去的感覺 - 王安憶描畫1946年的上海,非常細碎和繁瑣,看得人都不耐煩了,主角王小姐連影都沒有,於是眼睛明明盯在書上,腦袋卻在開小差,首先想到的是作者無非在為小說定一個backdrop,然後便從backdrop一直想到初入大學工作時的一件backdrop恨,說起來都是一樁大學怪談。

那是我初來報到的第六個月,半年時光,對那些已在這裡半生的人來說,簡直不是時間,對我卻已是天長地久了。難得有一個「大型」活動可以籌備,當然擔凳仔搶頭位要負責。活動的細節我照例忘了八九,只有一個場面至今難忘。話明「大型」,backdrop是少不免的。我對backdrop的看法歷來無大改變,就是浪費!不浪費嗎?動輒幾千塊錢的backdrop,用上兩三個小時便報銷了,為的又不過是1)宣傳 (讓其他部門知道貴部有多勤力) 2)拍照 (如果有press,更要把他們引到backdrop面前做訪問去,因為很不幸,會來這些活動的記者,都是醉翁之意不在酒的)。可笑的是,活動翌日,大家煞有介事地買齊當天報紙,在新聞中尋找活動的消息,萬一發現部門logo在相片中出現,就開心到不得了。

這些心態我都了解,況且我是人在江湖,入鄉隨俗,也學人做起backdrop來。

那一回,我們找來了一個插畫界新星畫了一個超可愛的圖畫,當然有咁大放咁大,部門的logo就放在畫底,我覺得蠻漂亮和順眼,不料km卻說:印出來前有沒有給老闆看?

無!

呵!他一定會說為什麼不把logo放到頂,拍照才拍到我們!

我幻想把logo搬上頭頂,覺得會很難看,也沒說話,心想老闆不會這麼沒taste吧。結果呢,薑終究是老的辣,老闆果然問為何logo「不見了」,愛頂心的我回話:「這不是比較好看嗎?」,他皺眉說:「我們要的是publicity。」言下之意是,美不美還真的很其次啊!

收到。以後我們的backdrop,全部把logo有咁大放咁大,上有好者,下必有甚焉,就是這個意思。

當我一股腦兒把《長恨歌》啃掉,主角的一生在作者苦心經營的backdrop的襯托下,輪廓格外分明,backdrop何所用?高手自有妙計,而高手,應該不會來大學搞backdrop吧。

7 Comments:

Blogger bratrice said...

Logo一定要在backdrop的頭頂已是少兒科。
我參與的過活動,Backdrop都務必要是「Logo海」,以訪記者左避右避都避過左logo,或者得返一半。
至於一個充滿商品logo海的backdrop有多美?我老細和該商品的老細都不太留意。

11:33 AM  
Blogger bull the helena said...

what about the supporting staff in your office? i got so angry millions of times. some of them did nothing but supporting.

9:48 AM  
Blogger bull the helena said...

sorry, i mean non-supporting.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all these stupidity that drives me crazy in the Hong Kong
universities.

I was really impressed when I was at LSE. It's like, nearly every time they have an event (they have lots of events), they use the same banner.
(Perhaps they have more than one banner of the same design.) And what speaks for publicity? It's only the LSE logo in a plain background. Reputation and quality speaks itself. And consistency with the banner and logo helps people to remember.

And who is about to recognize any logo of any department in the Hong
Kong universities? To me, the basic design is to have a dominant art. Yet those stupid supervisors without any artistic sense would drive me crazy to make whatever changes they can come up with in their rotty mind. Change again and again and again. Until the very last minute when the banner has to be printed out. Wasting my life to please their stupid minds. I think deep down they know that they know nothing about what they're doing. Just that they want to hide it. That they're the supervisors and they're making orders and making you do what they order you to do, so that they feel more secured. Even more stupid and sick.

You're reminding me how depressed I was when I was in Hong Kong. What is publicity? What is publicity for? I always think, if you want to be in the frontpage, why not put a bomb in the MTR? Or the entrance of the university? You'll be in the pages perhaps for two days. Sick.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Helmet Jane said...

曾試過在娛樂版一張相中,見到敝公司的logo合共6大個之外.除backdrop外,還有咪牌,嘉賓badge等,全部都有大大個logo. 而長官們看到相片後,不知幾得戚.

自從那天開始, 我便知道以後落booking做backdrop或badge時,更加唔駛用腦!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

說的倒真的,那些公關姐姐哥哥總愛拉記者去backdrop前做訪問,以為拍出來的相片定能見到大一大的公司/機構logo。
或許這些「意外」拍到的logo,在某程度上真的能予公關姐姐哥哥感到自己的工作被人「重視」、可向老細交功課吧!
但問心句,換了你是讀者,你可會留意那些大一大的logo?或只是感到礙眼?
=^^=

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

抱歉打攪一下。

其實 「backdrop 海」一樣可以美輪美奐, 視乎 designer 功力, 正如 LV 一樣將 logo 放滿整件產品, 而覺得其高級的大有人在。

「你想覺得佢靚, 佢自然靚」

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home